Your First Visit
Your First Visit at Dr. Kwatra & Associates
At your first visit, our goal is to make you as comfortable as possible, to provide you with an honest assessment of your dental health, and to help you understand any treatment you require. You will receive a thorough and comprehensive oral examination and a customized plan for the healthy beautiful smile you and your family deserve!
- A prevention program is a cooperative effort by the patient, dentist, and dental staff to preserve the natural dentition and supporting structures by preventing the onset, progress and recurrence of dental diseases and conditions.
- Preventing dental disease starts at home with good oral hygiene and a balanced diet. It is continued in the dental office by the efforts of our Woodbridge dentist and dental team members to promote, restore, and maintain your oral health.
- Prevention also includes regular dental exams, cleanings, and x-rays. Sealants and fluoride are also great preventive treatments that help protect the teeth.
- Prevention helps avoid serious and costly dental problems and is the key to having a healthy, confident, beautiful smile.
â€¨Dental radiographs or (x-rays) are essential, preventative, diagnostic tools that provide valuable information not visible during a regular dental exam. Our Woodbridge Dentists and dental team members use this information to safely and accurately detect hidden dental abnormalities and complete an accurate treatment plan. Without x-rays, problem areas may go undetected.
A comprehensive dental exam consisting of five phases will be performed by our Woodbridge Dentists on your initial dental visit. At regular check-up exams, your dentist will also include the following:
- Examination of diagnostic x-rays (radiographs): Essential for detection of decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss. X-rays also help determine tooth and root positions.
- Oral cancer screening: Check the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Gum disease evaluation: a complete periodontal exam to the gums and bone around the teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Tooth by Tooth Examination: All tooth surfaces will be checked for decay, wear, fractures, and conditions.
- Upon patient request a Complimentary Aesthetic smile analysis: Our Woodbridge Dentists will evaluate your smile for aesthetic beauty by conducting a color analysis, evaluating alignment, spaces, wear, and gingival contour.
Professional Dental Cleaning
Professional dental cleaning (dental prophylaxis) are usually performed by our Woodbridge Dentists. Your cleaning appointment will include a dental exam and the following services as per our doctors recommendations:
- Removal of calculus (tartar): Calculus is a hardened plaque that has been left on the tooth for some time and is now firmly attached to the tooth surface. Calculus forms above and below the gumline and can only be removed with special dental instruments.
- Removal of plaque: Plaque is a sticky, almost invisible film that formas on the teeth. It is a growing colony of living bacteria, food debris, and saliva. The bacteria produce toxins (poisons) that inflame the gums. This inflammation is the start of periodontal disease!
- Teeth polishing: Remove stain and plaque that is not otherwise removed during tooth brushing and scaling.
- Dental Therapy: Gingivitis treatment, Periodontal Treatment, Gum Therapy
We promise to work hard to ensure your first visit is the beginning of a mutually trusting and long relationship.
How To Prepare
Quality dental care requires a team effort. We understand your first visit to a new dentist can be stressful. The following are a few suggestions to help you relax and to help us maximize our Woodbridge Dentists time to address your dental health needs.
- Schedule your first appointment on a date and time when you'll be most relaxed.
- Arrive a few minutes early to your appointment.